Growing Up Gorr

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

18 Week Update

Baby at 12 weeks



Bump at 16 weeks



I'm now in my 18th week and am feeling pretty good. I can't believe the amount of food I consume or the amount of sleep I can get in. It's pretty astounding. My last ultrasound was at 12 weeks so I'm hoping Baby G is a lot bigger than the above pic. I believe that pic was taken in the vienna sausage stage - we're now up to a large pickle! What may appear like a really large nose is actually quite a small nose with a little hand beside it. I like to think s/he was sucking his/her little thumb :) Baby G was very active throughout the ultrasound and did what can only be described as a full body wave on several occasions. Jeremy and I were able to see ten fingers and 2 little feet. As far as any other possible appendages, we didn't look! We'll all have to wait until March for that one. The other pic is to answer the question, "Are you showing yet?". Based on comments I now get from complete stangers, I would have to surmise that yes, I am indeed showing. My mom's response to the above pic was "Oh my, maybe you should start thinking about real maternity clothes". I actually am wearing a real maternity dress in that pic so I'm not sure how I should interpret that comment. And for those mommy herdies - noone ever told me about the 2nd bump! All I can say is Baby has back! I'm sure it will come in handy for all that pushing, right?

0 comments: