Growing Up Gorr

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dear Parker (Seven Month),

Dear Parker,

Happy 7 Months my sweet one! It's been an exciting month. We made a quick trip to Nashville where you caught up with Mammaw and Grandma. Grandma was very excited to read to you and give you your first taste of carrots. I'm quite certain you enjoyed both activities.






Another favorite activity of Grandma's is dressing you up for Halloween. She got you started in Tennessee and Dad and I continued with the fun back home. You were a good sport for the most part but you did grow a little impatient at times.






Your first official Halloween activity was the Harvest Carnival held at Mariner's. You enjoyed meeting a Chick Fil A cow and getting close (but not too close) to a gorilla.






You have done a great job with new foods this month! So far you have tasted (and enjoyed) sweet potatoes, carrots and squash. I fear that you are developing a bit of an orange tint but I'm confident that this will even out with next week's introduction of peas.





I didn't think it was possible but you have grown even more curious. You are always looking around and want to touch everything on site. Mommy is trying not too get too nervous about germs but you sure make it tough. In addition to curiosity, you are also very social and very friendly. Many a stranger has enjoyed a sweet Parker grin. Ms. Michelle and Ms. Jennifer (your teachers at school) frequently comment what a happy, smiley guy you are. You are also showing no signs of shyness! The report last week was that you conducted singing lessons in the Angelfish room! We are so proud!


Speaking of singing, you definitely enjoy the sound of your voice. I do agree, you have a lovely singing voice. You have become quite verbose and enjoy telling us stories. I'm not quite sure what all the details are in the stories but Dadadada and Lalalalala seem to be heavily involved in the plotlines.



While you aren't crawling yet, you are doing a great job scooting around on your belly. This skill serves you well when it comes to obtaining a toy that until just recently, would have been out of reach. You still like to put everything in your mouth and despite showing some signs of teething (red cheeks, a little more chewing), no teeth yet. That is just fine for mom!


We've certainly had fun this month. We are so thankful for our sweet, happy boy!





We love you so,
Love,
Mommy

PS - Additional pics can be found here: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BcMnDlq2bvLA
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: