Growing Up Gorr

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dear Parker (4 Month)

Dear Parker,

Happy 4 Month Birthday, my sweet one! We have had a great month! This month you moved from sleeping in the bassinet in mom and dad's room to sleeping in your crib in your very own room. While it is hard on your sentimental old mom to have you sleeping so far away, I think you LOVE the extra space. In the morning,I often find you in a completly different position than where I left you. I enjoy watching you on the video monitor as you fling your legs from one side to another. We might have to get those crib bumpers out after all. After lots of practice, you rolled over yesterday! You were quite startled to find yourself suddenly on your back after being on your tummy. We are so proud of you!

You were quite a noisy fellow this month. You discovered how to make raspberries and you just couldn't stop! Sometimes I thought you sounded like you were an airplane about to take off! You had even more head control this month and enjoyed sitting in you own chair, the Bumbo chair. Also, finally, you got that thumb! You are delighted to have finally captured that elusive thumb and so are we.
.
In addition to your thumb, you also recently found your feet. You seem very happy to have these new items to play with.

You and I took a brief break from playing at home to travel to Texas to see YaYa, Rocket, Uncle Buck, Aunt Christy and your cousins, Meg, Brooks and Luke. You were a great traveler again (this time we didn't get delayed in LAX - yippee!) and we had lots of good times with family. Cousin Luke kept rubbing your head and commenting that your hair was so soft. Cousin Brooks and Cousin Meg loved holding you. You loved playing with everyone!
Here are some highlights from our trip:



Even more pics can be found here: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=14c4yxxv.1p4q8tyz&x=0&y=j81e4r&localeid=en_US

You are growing into an even more goodnatured, happy, little guy. You smile often and laugh some too. I haven't found the one thing that makes you laugh consistently (but I won't stop searching) but you do seem to often get a giggle when I kiss your neck. I guess I will just have to keep kissing you and call it research. One person that you do seem to find quite humorous is your dad! Sometimes just looking at him will make you chuckle. You are such a love. We can't wait to share more good times with you! We love you so, sweet one. Love, Mommy

1 comments:

The Wilhite Family said...

Ohh...I love it when they find their feet!