Growing Up Gorr

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dear Parker (11 month),

Dear Parker D,

Happy 11 month birthday! We had a very busy, albeit short month. You perfected the fine art of standing this month. You enjoy pulling up on tables, the couch and especially mommy or daddy's legs. You don't seem terribly interested in moving once you are standing UNLESS there is a remote control involved! If a remote control is in the vicinity - watch out - you are one determined baby.

You and Dad have a lot of fun going on walks and just playing around the house. One thing you think is particularly funny is when Dad pretends to wear you as a hat. We find you to be a particularly fetching hat.


This month you said "mama" for the first time and it was music to my ears. I'm not at all convinced that you said it on purpose, or meant it for me, but I will take it either way.

You have learned to clap and now use any excuse to give a round of applause. You seem particularly impressed with sneezes - such an appreciative guy!

You also enjoyed the baby swings at the park. I know that you would like me to push you higher and higher but I like to keep you close...just for a while longer, little man!

Other things you enjoyed this month:

screeching (but in a happy way)
giving toys/books/food a toss
putting things on your head
playing peek-a-boo
splashing in the bath
dad singing the high chair song to you
mom singing your morning wake-up tunes

One thing you most definitely did NOT enjoy was getting more teeth. As of the writing of this letter, you officially have 2 and 3/4 teeth - 2 full bottom teeth, 1/2 of a top tooth and 1/4 of another top tooth. More are on the way though! Although I miss your toothless grin, the toothy grin is also pretty cute!



We love you so, little man!

Love, Mommy
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Wilhite Family said...

I love that he claps for sneezes - too cute. I cannot believe he is 11 months...has 11 months ever gone by so quickly in your life?!

Unknown said...

Awwww look at those teeth!!! Cutest little smile I've ever seen :)