Happy 5 Month, my sweet one!
We've had quite a month! The biggest change this month is that you are now in school. I sure do miss you during the day but you don't seem to mind at all! You are making new friends and your teachers, Ms. Jennifer and Ms. Michelle are taking very good care of you. They are always commenting what a happy, contented little guy you are. It has been fun to watch you interact with the other babies. I have been fortunate enough to get to see you at lunch every day. It's great to get my Parker fix mid-day! Last week you made me laugh because I called to check on you and was told you were off on a buggy ride with your friends. Little man, joy riding already.
At the very beginning of last month, you began turning over and you haven't stopped since. You seem to have turning from back to tummy down but going the other way has proven to be more of a challenge. As a big surprise to me and your Dad, you seem to not mind being on your tummy at all! For a guy who used to sqawk throughout tummy time, you sure have come a long way! You have even started sleeping on your tummy. With your new tummy sleeping habit, we've had to bid a fond farewell to the swaddler. I miss my baby burrito but I am thankful that you don't need as many props to fall asleep.
You have also turned a corner with baths. You love your bath now! You splish and splash with great delight. You don't even mind having your hair washed. You are getting to be such a big boy!
In addition to the bath, you also enjoyed some time in the swimming pool this month. I took you in while wearing my "Water Tot" carrier. Even though the water was very chilly, you were a good sport and didn't seem to mind at all. You are one cool customer.
Another first this month was our Gymboree classes. You seem to really enjoy playing with Gymbo the clown, bubbles, scarves and the parachute. I think your favorite part is watching the other babies and checking out their moves.
Last month you were getting close but this month you finally did it - you put your whole foot in your mouth! Yippee for yummy toes!
While I miss you terribly during the day, I am thankful that you are getting the opportunity to spend more time with your dad. He takes you to school in the morning and gets you dressed and ready to go. One of my favorite memories from this month was overhearing him
greeting you in the morning with, "Top of the morning, Mr. Parks!". All this dad time is definitely paying off. All of a sudden this month, you are all about your dad. You can't keep your eyes off the guy! When he walks in the door, you just beam and flap your arms up and down.
greeting you in the morning with, "Top of the morning, Mr. Parks!". All this dad time is definitely paying off. All of a sudden this month, you are all about your dad. You can't keep your eyes off the guy! When he walks in the door, you just beam and flap your arms up and down.
Oh, littlest one, thank you for such a great month. We love you so.
Love,
Mommy
1 comments:
Angie, Parker is so sweet and just gorgeous. His school sounds just awesome! I'm so glad it is working out. We'll have to catch up soon. I need my Parker fix
Post a Comment