Greetings my sweet one! You are 2 months old today. As expected, it is all going too fast. This month, you grew out of your newborn diapers and quite a few of your cute outfits. Truth be told, you grew out of them probably last month but I just couldn't bear it so I continued to stuff you in them until you squawked too loudly in protest. Also, you seem to have grown out of your pacifier stage. I am beginning to regret buying such a large volume as I can't think of any other use for those sweet green plastic little "soothies" that are now all over the house. Instead of a pacifier, or a finger of whoever is lucky enough to be holding you at the time, you are now obsessed with finding a way to suck your own hand. I can't yet tell if you will be a thumbsucker like your Cousin Brooks or a 2-finger sucker like Cousin Meg. Right now, you are just focused on getting the entire hand as close to your mouth as possible. Many times I have walked by your room at nap time and heard loud smacking noises of delight.
One other "newborn" behavior we thought we had bid farewell to was swaddling. However, on a recent play date, Mommy's friend Ms. Clare swaddled you at nap time. The result: 3 hours of blessed snoozing for Parker! However, I believe Ms. Clare likely regretted swaddling you quite so snug. You were sleeping in Baby Andi's crib, and thus that precious almost 2 year old had to go without a nap! Thank you Ms. Clare for bringing back swaddling! I had missed my Baby Burrito.
The return to swaddling was also the likely cause for a recent nightime record: 8 straight hours! It's possible that you may have been able to sleep for even longer but your freaked out Mommy woke up in a panic, whisked you out of your bassinet and began tearing off your clothes to make sure you were ok. You were fine, albeit a bit sleepy.
You have become such a smiley guy - especially in the morning. You definitely don't get your good morning mood from me but even I can't help but be in a good mood at the site of your sweet toothless grin and the sound of your coos. Yes, that's right - you have started to talk! Not English quite yet but the sweetest little sounds in the world nonetheless.
You have had a busy month. You went to Las Vegas, two birthday parties and a play date. Quite the social butterfly!
You are still loving your bouncy seat. We begin most mornings there and then move on to other places for fun. You have mixed feelings about the swing. Just when you were starting to turn the corner from mild dislike to possible tolerance, you fell asleep in it and woke up quite startled. We could only guess that you were very concerned to discover what you thought was your bed moving to and fro. Perhaps it gave you a frightening flashback to the earthquake. At any rate, you and the swing are now taking some time apart. Never fear though, your little jungle floor gym still provides hours of fun! As an added bonus, "Skip to the Loo" has become the soundtrack to our first two months together.
As far as dislikes, you continue to find bathing in general to be suspect. We have tried to vary the location from the bathroom sink to the bathroom tub to the kitchen sink but you are yet to be convinced. Luckily we still have a plethora of location options: the pool, the ocean or various car washes.

You are such a delight to me and your Dad. I've discovered that everyday with my Sweet P is a great day. We love you so!
Love, Mommy

1 comments:
Hi Mama and Daddy Gorr and goo goo to you little but fast growing Parker.
Loved the update. He is a sweetie for sure. I wonder what his first word will be?
Keep us posted.
Miss you,
YaYa & Rocket
Post a Comment