Growing Up Gorr

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Unreal

Looking at the calendar, I believe I'm about 5 weeks along. I'm having a hard time even writing that b/c it still doesn't seem real to me. I'm partially regretting telling people yesterday b/c with no morning sickness or other symptoms, I'm wondering if I'm just making it up! Also, if real, there is the fear that something will happen. However, yesterday was great fun so whatever happens, I will be thankful for the joy I felt. I made my first appointment with the OBGYN for 8/14 and will be dragging Jeremy along for the fun. Yesterday was not only exciting for me but also for two other friends - Laura and Brandy. Both also did tests yesterday and double lines all around. It will be fun to share this experience with good friends :)

My anxiety is actually hindering me from praying instead of inviting me to pray - I must persevere as Baby G has lots going on right now and needs to be covered in prayer (esp since I neglected the wee one for the past few weeks). 3d pregnancy reports that as of Week 5, the heart has begun beating (although s/he is still a very petite 2 mm long). Thus, my prayers this week for my 2 mm, 1 gram miracle are:

1) that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. - Matthew 22:37

2) that you will have no fear of bad news for your heart will be steadfast, trusting in the LORD. - Psalm 112:7

3) that you will trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. That in all your ways you will acknowledge Him for He will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5,6

4) that you will trust God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness" as He makes His light shine in your heart to give you the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. - 2 Cor. 4:6

5) Above all else, that you would guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. - Proverbs 4:23

Finally, that you know that already, after only 36 hours of knowing, you have filled my heart with greater joy than when the grain and new wine abound :) - Psalm 4:7



0 comments: